Sunday, May 03, 2015

Colouring Book Theatre: The Black Hole Sticker Activity Book


The Black Hole: Sticker Activity Book (1979), Whitman.
        This book is very dear to me, as a kid I got sick, "Miss a whole month of school" sick and my parents bought me a pack containing every Whitman Black Hole tie in to help pass the time.
          
Even though I'd never seen the movie, I became an uber fan that year as a result of the many comics and coloring books in that pack. 

This fun item was one of them and it's better than I remember.

Grab your crayons  and join me after the jump






LOTR coloring book

Whomever illustrated this had a nice strong style and seemed to have oodles of reference material.


LOTR coloring book

The likenesses in this are stronger and more on model than the Whitman comics at the time, I'd really love to know why.




Lord of the Rings coloring book

I love how this fun page has one of the more dark moments of the movie up top like it was nothing.



Lord of the Rings coloring book

Old B.O.B's death (spoilers) has made me cry more than Bambi's mother, probably not the sign of a healthy mind.


Lord of the Rings coloring book

Color those vegetables kids!

Lord of the Rings coloring book

I'm gonna need an afternoon to figure out this puzzle.

Lord of the Rings coloring book

Somebody removed the game dice, so that means the requisite, uninteresting board game was played, disappointment was likely had.


 If you have a submission for colouring book theatre drop me a line at brick *at* plaidstallions.com!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin