Friday, June 27, 2014

The Lost Playground


PS Reader Murilo sent in these pictures from Ana Lidia Park in Brazil, where 70s playgrounds still stand and in great condition. Let's explore:

This is a pretty deluxe rocket set if I do say so myself.


This is Cinderella's pumpkin carriage (Model 155-422) from this catalog.



And this looks like the old Woman's shoe from the same catalog.


This is like walking back in time, if I ever get to Brazil, I'm heading here before the beach. Thanks Murilo!



For more Playgrounds, check out these fabulous links:


Retro Playgrounds . Space Playgrounds.Space themes part twostory book playground equipment.

2 comments:

tellshiar said...

Man, seeing that Rocket Ship climber/slide invokes the same amount of excitement as it would of when I was a kid.

Seventiesfan said...

I know just what you mean by the Rocket Ship climber/slide, having been on one many times. Over here they've all been replaced by "safer" items made of foam. Sure, that makes a lot of sense in a state with humid 90 degree weather all year long.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin