Friday, April 04, 2014

Diana from V



I picked up a vintage bit of merchandise relating to the "V" mini series that has to be seen to be believed. Peel back her skin after the jump:


 
I've always been fascinated with the TV mini series "V" and it's merchandise. Particularly that we really came close to getting come amazing action figures

This little bit of strangeness came from Uruguay and it had my money in a heartbeat. At first glance it appears to be a licensed product, but as we peer into it, we realize all is not right. The shrinkwrap on the packaging is really common for such toys, but they're a pain in the butt to take photos of.


 

First off, "Diana" is bearing some left over GI Joe gun instead of one of the Visitor rifles and the illustrations of the dudes in the back look familiar but they ain't from V.




Sadly, this isn't a Jane Badler likeness (trust me, I stared at her ALOT in 1984). What we have here is a weird fashion doll slapped into a red outfit and a box with the words "V" written on them in a hasty way to make a bootleg buck.

Which makes me like it whole hell of a lot more....



More "V"

 

2 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

I have to admit, this is kinda cool to me because I clicked on your link to other "V" toys and discovered that the enemy visitor guy looks way similar to the alien enemy Kudlak from "The Sarah Jane Adventures." You can see a picture of Kudlak here: http://doctorwhotoys.net/generalkudlakfigure.jpg (they look alike, don't they?!)

MaGnUs said...

Good old Uruguay. Nice to know we made this stuff here back then. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin