Friday, October 15, 2010

1982 Ideal UK Catalog


Even though the company's name is "Ideal" you won't find a great amount of Ideal toys in this catalog, that's this is the UK branch of the company which also distributed toys for US based companies with no UK offices.
That means this catalog is loaded with some of the best toys 1980 has to offer from Mego, Remco, Tomy and of course Ideal. The reason this is being unveiled during the "Month of Halloween" is for two reasons, the first being that Ideal UK carried my beloved Remco Universal Monsters line and secondly, the Jaws Game baby...


Click Here to Visit the 1980 Ideal UK Catalog
Other Remco and Ideal Catalogs
1980 remco1981 remco catalog1973 remco catalog
Evel Knievel GalleryIdeal Star Team Catalog

4 comments:

Devlin Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devlin Thompson said...

Your speculation as to the origin of the ALLIGATOR game is correct: it is in fact a tie-in to the movie. I have it, but mine is in the mailer box, so I'd never seen the actual packaging. It's a worthy follow-up to the JAWS game.

Wings1295 said...

Awesome! I had the JAWS game and loved it! Also had (still have) the Missing Link puzzle thing!

Anonymous said...

I had both the Aligator and Jaws games, needless to say my bathtub was home to battling creatures.

That's the first time I've seen Missing Link in decades. I had so many of those goofy puzzles that cashed in on the Rubik craze. I remember having a Pyramid one and one that was a series of trapezoids you could turn into a snake or tons of other shapes.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin