Friday, April 16, 2010

1976 Multiple Toymakers Catalog

Multiple Toys doesn't immediately spring to mind when you think of childhood favourites but they certainly should seeing as they did create an incredible amount of childhood staples like plastic dinosaurs and green plastic army men.

Add to that Multiples hot licenses like Planet of the Apes, M*A*S*H, Kung Fu and the DC Comics superheroes and you have the irresistable combination of fun and excitement.







Click Here to Visit the 1976 Multiple Toys Catalog



More Planet of the Apes Merchandise


planet of the apes azrak hamway toysplanet of the apes well made toys


3 comments:

Retro Hound said...

I think I had that Young Mechanics tool set.

JFStan said...

OMG I think I did too! What a flashback!

narvolicious said...

Aw man, you got me in tears here. I freakin' OWNED that #3026 Armored Task Force on the "Deluxe Playsets" page, and it was one of my favorite toys as a kid. I commented on an earlier post about that triangular missile launcher thing...this was the playset it was from after all.

I was totally aware of comparative scales and proportions at a very early age, which is why I latched on to this playset right away. The tanks and vehicles were in direct proportion to the soldiers, unlike the typical "green army men" set where the tanks were miniscule in comparison to their personnel.

It's simply amazing that you uncover these long-lost memories for so many of us (including yourself, I'm sure). It's like, bittersweet--great to see 'em online but wishing I still had those @#$(*#$ things. Please keep me from searching on Ebay. Too late.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin