Saturday, October 04, 2008

He's no good to me dead...


Halloween 1980 and that's yours truly rocking the Ben Cooper Boba Fett outfit. I really liked this suit for a couple of reasons, the first being that you could see through the mask but people couldn't see in real well, the other being that the picture on the front of the smock totally looked like the action figure that I mailed away for a year or so earlier.

Link of Interest: 1980 Ben Cooper Catalog



I'm a little late in plugging all my fellow bloggers in the Halloween Countdown, so I thought I'd better get on board. Here is an exhaustive list of the other bloggers participating in the Halloween Countdown this year, that's a lot of orange!

All Eyes and Ears
Art by Bubba Shelby
Azathoth's Abode on the Plateau of Leng
Azathoth's Abode on the Plateau of Leng: The Dungeon
Branded in the 80's
Cool-Mo-Dee
Creepy Los Angeles
Dave Lowe Design!
Distinctly Jamaican Sounds
Diversions of the Groovy Kind
Dr. K's 100-Page Super Spectacular
Dr. Squid's Smorgasbord of Terror!
The Drunken Secered Head
Frankensteinia: The Frankenstein Blog
Franklin Mint Blog
Geektarded
Halloween Addict
Harvey's Midnight Hour
Holiday Queen
Horror Host Graveyard
The Horrors of It All
House of Wax
John Rozum.com
Mark Harvey's World
Monster Crazy
Monster Memories!
Monster Rally
Monsters and More
Music From the Monster Movies 1950-69
Neato Coolville
Negative Pleasure
Nostalgia Factory
A Nostalgic Halloween
Oh The Horror
Orange and Black
Para Abnormal
Plaid Stallions
Pumpkin Hollow
Pumpkinrot
Random Acts of Geekery
The Sexy Armpit
Sweet Skulls
13 Visions
Tikiranch Hallows
Universal Horror Sounds
Valhella
Vinnie Rattolie's Records
Weird Hollow
Wonderful Wonderblog

Dive in People! It's all Good!

5 comments:

suzanne said...

Love those old costumes that had a picture on the front of whoever you were meant to be - as if people wouldn't be able to figure it out otherwise.

Adam Gott said...

Oh come one now! Everyone knows that we liked those costumes that a had a full length body picture on the shirt of the hero that we were trying to emulate. Everyone knows that Batman walks around town with a picture of himself on his shirt!

Why did they do this anyway? I can imagine that there were many characters that just didn't lend well to anything else but I always HATED those costumes that had the picture on the shirt.

http://cool-mo-dee.blogspot.com/

Laura Moncur said...

I also have a Halloween countdown on my personal blog. I do it every year in October.

http://laura.moncur.org/

Keith said...

I don't think I ever had any costumes like that. Most of mine had the costume being the rest of the character's outfit.

Anonymous said...

I really wish I had the photo of me as a 4-year old in my Ep. 4 Princess Leia costume. Although it didn't really look much like her costume...I think I might make the real thing one day.

This year, however, I'm doing Nurse Joker-
http://tinyurl.com/4uc84b

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin