Friday, September 12, 2008

1978 Child Guidance Sesame Street Catalog

Wrapping up Sesame Street week the only way I know how, with another catalog.

Child Guidance was one of the bigger producers of Sesame Street Merchandising in the 1970's, at this point they were a division of Gabriel (makers of the cool Lone Ranger line of toys) but eventually would become part of the Azrak Hamway Family of companies.

While the company made a variety of cool items based on the coolest fictional street in history but the thing we most remember is their puppets both full size and finger.

Check out a completely Elmo free universe with the 1978 Child Guidance Catalog.

4 comments:

rob! said...

what's with the Count's fro?

Arkonbey said...

Hey! There's the Grover we had! He was bumping around our grandparent's house for years. He usually resided in a giant cardboard barrel (the kind that held sawdust in elementary schools) among tonka trucks and Adventure people. He got more beat up and more faded from being dumped in the pool every year.

I wonder what became of him...

I don't know if that is an actual fro. He looks like the Count as played by Zach Braff

JFStan said...

I think the Count has a "Mike Brady" goin' on there. :)

davjaxn said...

There is a lot about how rare the Roosevelt Franklin puppet is but I have found that the "Anything Muppet" is even more rare. I thought I was the only one who even remembered it! I have been looking for one on ebay for years and years and years and have only found ONE. It was in the box, complete and I forgot to bid the last day! It went for only fifty bucks too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin