Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rainy Day on the Street

True Story, my mother bought me this rain coat, although it was blue. I was eight and the one time I wore it home I kept thinking "My mom is having problems with me getting older". I'm lucky none of my buddies who were busy with grown up things such as KISS records saw me.

This 1973 ad touting Sesame Street as a license to toy makers really amuses me. Ernie used to be cool but now he's just some sort of corporate shill, "If you'll just look at these Projections Bert...."

3 comments:

chunky B said...

You know I haven't been much of a Sesame Street collector, but I did have my share of the toys when I was little. I just have to say I'm really enjoying the Sesame Street vibe this week, great job!

Bubbashelby said...

I think I'll break out my Cookie Monster hand puppet for my blog next week - Sesame Street was the best!

Jake said...

WOW! Those raincoats and ponchos are so cute! Id wear that now if they made a big enough size...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin